Ada Mode help industrial trail-blazers to accelerate their journey to net-zero through the adoption of game changing AI. We work in the civil nuclear, wind energy, marine energy, water, agriculture, and manufacturing sectors. Ada Mode help customers by identifying opportunities to realise operational improvements in their data, designing a strategy and developing the solution. All of our solutions are bespoke to the customer, built on our Atlas data platform.
We are a young company with a strong order book and are looking for someone who shares our vision and has enthusiasm for growing and developing an exciting business in the UK and overseas. We are looking for a highly creative senior engineer who can lead customer projects and drive the development of novel solutions. We are particularly keen to develop our presence in the North West of England to support the civil nuclear and nuclear decommissioning sector and view this role as a central to this strategic objective. A successful applicant will join our technical team working alongside and leading data scientists, engineers and software developers to deliver innovative data driven solutions across industry. This role will suit someone located in the North West of England and will require occasional trips to our offices in Southampton and Bristol, as well as trips to client sites. We operate a hybrid working model with the expectation of 2 or more days in the local office per week. As this role will support the establishment of a North West office, we expect majority home working in the short term.
- Leading customer projects that combine engineering and data science applied to industrial processes principally in civil nuclear power and nuclear decommissioning. Also supporting work in renewable energy, hydrogen and manufacturing.
- Lead the early, creative and exploratory phases of customer projects to define project scope and deliverables.
- Build and lead a team in the North West of England to support customers in nuclear decommissioning.
- Plan and project manage customer projects including budgetary management.
- Work alongside data scientists, developers, engineers and customers to manage the development of AI models and applications, solving complex industrial problems with modern data science and machine learning techniques.
- Foster strong customer relationships, attend conferences, support bids and other business development activities.
Experience and Qualifications
BSc and ideally an MSc/MEng or PhD in a quantitative field such as computer science, maths, engineering, operational research, data science, physics, or machine learning.
- 7+ years post-graduate work in a technical field, ideally within: civil nuclear, renewable energy, or manufacturing.
- Examples of technical project leadership in an industrial setting, ideally with good experience in Civil Nuclear.
- Good knowledge in either an engineering or data science field with an interest in applying AI/ML to industrial processes focused on industrial decarbonisation.
- Ability to form and sustain strong relationships with technical customers.
- Good grasp of data science or technical project workflow from problem framing to delivery.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent communicator.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
Extra skills/experience that would be advantageous:
- Chartered Engineer status
- Basic programming skills in Python with knowledge of common data analysis, visualisation, and machine learning libraries.
- Any specific expertise in AI/ ML model development or application development.
- Any expertise or experience in wind, tidal power, manufacturing, water and energy management.
- ~£60k-£80k DOE
- Competitive pension
- 25 days leave + Christmas break
- Flexible working arrangements
- Influential role within a vibrant young company
To apply for this role or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.